Tender no. PWA/GTC/087/12-13
Tender Subject HAMAD BIN KHALIFA MEDICAL CITY - CONSTRUCTION OFSIMULATION CENTRE
Dept. Building Affairs
Scope of work
The Works shall comprise but not limited to the following:
The Simulation Centre is a 13,000 m2 facility on the campus of Hamad Medical
Corporation (HMC) in Doha, Qatar.
The project includes a combination of educational and simulation facilities and its purpose is to train and provide continuing medical education to Medical Students, Nurses and Doctors (from within Hamad Bin Khalifa Medical City as well as from surrounding hospitals).
The building was designed initially to be an Education Center and was partially
constructed as such.
Based on its new function as a Simulation Center, The building footprint shall be enlarged and a 4th floor added as an independent steel structure some demolition is also required.
The Key components of the facility will include but not limited to:
• Skill laboratories on Ground Floor.
• Examination Rooms on 1st Floor – where students will practice on Manikins.
• Simulation facilities on the 2nd floor with Standard Hospital Patient rooms, Labour &
• Delivery Rooms, and Operating Rooms where Manikins will be used for Training.
• Control Rooms for the teachers & debriefing rooms where teacher/student shall meet.
• The Animal Lab/Vivarium function (10 stations) on the 4th floor – with related Animal
• holding Room/Abattoir/Decontamination.
• Flexible classrooms.
• Multipurpose education spaces.
• Administrative offices on each floor.
• Lounges/Café/Outdoor café.
• Auditorium for 400 staff and Audio/Visual Systems.
• Connection to site mains services including electrical, all waters drains and sewers.
The Contractor shall complete and deliver the whole of the Works within Four Hundred Eighty
(480) days plus Four Hundred (400) days Maintenance Period.
Public Works Authority
Fax No. (+974) 44950777